Written By Dr Laide Okubena
My warm heart overflows with hope that you will find the next few paragraphs to be instructive, insightful, and illuminating…
However, my cold and calculating mind suspects that you will find what follows to be an uncomfortable reality that hits a bit too close to home.
If you were to choose to quit reading right now, I would understand.
Oh, my. You’re still here.
I suppose I should begin.
January has come and gone already.
Can you believe we are in the second month of the year already?
It’s that time when many are losing momentum and are contemplating if it is still worth the effort to pursue the goals they have set for the year.
Have you started negotiating on your new year’s resolutions or are you still on track?
Are you ready to throw in the towel because you’ve missed a day or two?
Are you getting discouraged because you’re falling into old habits and routines?
You’re absolutely killing your New Year’s resolutions, right?
In the odds-defying occasion that you actually are, bravo!
If not, here’s something to consider as it relates to your goals.
• The sale will not close without asking for the order.
• Your Product Knowledge will Suck if you don’t learn about your products and services for your clients.
• You will never possess High Income Skills If you don’t choose to Master a High income skill can make you become highly paid Professional.
• You will never be accepted by a school to which you do not apply.
• No one will ever read the book that you do not write.
• You will never enjoy six-pack abs without diet and exercise.
• Binge watching Netflix will not make you better educated.
• You will not change your results…if you do not change your behavior.
• Quitting when the going gets tough will never lead to success.
• Money will never compound by sitting in your wallet.
• You will never become wiser by talking rather than listening.
• You’ll never finish what you do not start.
The longer you wait to take action…the less likely you are to take action.
What do you say we fix that problem right now?
Are you already losing momentum?
Marianne Williamson famously said…
“Our deepest fear is not that we’re inadequate, our deepest fear is that we’re powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves “who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be?”.
You’re capable. You just need to believe it.
Thanks for your attention and please enjoy your day.
Dr Laide Okubena