From The Desk of The Chief Coach
COO Billionaire Realtors (BRG)
As a real estate sales person, one unique skills you should posses is the act of prospecting and ability to ensure your properties stands out in the market and also attracts the right buyers attract the right buyers that has your purchasing power into your sales funnel.
Below I will share some basic steps to take for you to attract the right buyers into your business of selling real estate, most especially for newbie realtors.
1. SCAN THROUGH YOUR CONTACTS & CREATE A LIST OF PEOPLE THAT YOU KNOW HAVE THE POTENTIALS TO BUY WHAT YOU ARE OFFERING
Create a long list of people you suspect can buy the properties you are selling. It can include all the people you have known in the past and those you recently came in contact with.
2. CATEGORIZE THE NAMES & CONTACTS YOU HAVE COLLATED
Go through the names and contact you have collated and categorised them based on how you met and the relationship you have with them. Doing this will make your work easier as it going to help you in picking up your conversation.
For Instance; Categorize to Old Students, Friends, Religious Association, Community association members etc.
3. PUT A CALL THROUGH TO YOUR LIST OF CONTACTS CREATED
Put a call through to each contact list category created.
Its very important to take note that your first call shouldn’t be about the property you want to sell otherwise you will get rejected as people don’t like to be sold to.
Established a relationship first with them the first time of calling so you won’t appear desperate. You need to firstly make them LIKE YOU, then LOVE YOU before they can TRUST YOU. Once you gain their Trust, they becomes your cash producing machine.
Whatsapp is a very good marketing and communication tools. For those not on your whatsapp contact, get their whatsapp number, initial chat with them so they can see your whatsapp stories. Send broadcast messages with educative and informative materials once a while and remember not to SPAM them always with unnecessary posts.
4. BE A MEMBER OF A WELL TO DO ASSOCIATION & GROUPS
Your NETWORKS determines your NETWORTHS.
You need to associate yourself with a well to do groups and associations if you don’t belongs to one. You can start from the Church or mosque you attend. You can also begin to participate in your town/community associations & Groups, estate residents association etc.
What you’re doing here is to network with people and create relationship with them. Remember you don’t start selling to them immediately you joined or registered. Build relationship first.
If its warrant you to change your Church or place or worship, do it and don’t apply sentiments.
Once you’ve fully established yourself in that association you belong, you can then apply indirect approach by using the people within your association to raise up ideas that will favour your real estate business e.g. business seminar/talks or empowerment program in which you will be one of the speakers and facilitators
Other areas of networking also includes frequent visit to Lounges and boutique restaurants, registering in a Gym or sport centres for activities like Lawn tennis, football, snookers, swimming etc.
Take your market to where people that can avoid it are, join a club and be an active member.
5. GO OFFLINE MARKETING
Offline marketing refers to any advertising that is carried out using traditional offline media, such as television, Handbills, billboard ads, and radio. Even though many marketers are focusing on digital marketing and advertising, traditional offline media channels are still important.
Some offline marketing strategy to adopts on low budget;
– Strategically distribute fliers/handbills in places where people you know that can buy your products frequents. Sometimes you don’t have to be the one doing the handbills/flyers distribution by yourself as we have people doing it for a living now. You can engage them to distributes why you supervise.
– Approach groceries shops, mall and supermarket where there is traffics of people you suspect can buy your properties to allow you drop your flyers/handbills
– Approach organizers of events or conferences to allow you to put roll up banner venue of their events & distribute your product handbills/fliers. You can ask to be part of their sponsor if you have the capacity so you can have the opportunity to talk to the event attendees about your product.
You can also have access to the contacts of the people that attended the events and thereby follow up on them with calls, SMS and emails.
6. LEVERAGE ON THE POWER OF DIGITAL MEDIA
Digital marketing, also called online marketing, is the promotion of brands to connect with potential customers using the internet and other forms of digital communication.
Digital media marketing includes;
– Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Tick Toks etc)
– Video Marketing (YouTube)
– Email marketing
– Content Marketing (Forum/Blog Posting)
– Search Engine Optimization
For you to be able to use the digital media marketing effectively, you have to posses the following basic skills such as Data Analysis, Content Creation, SEO & SEM, CRM, Communication Skills, Social Media and some Basic Design Skills.
Make use of this few tips above and thank me later
Happy Selling 👌🏻
I remain Emmanuel Abikoye