Written By Dr Laide Okubena
What Is a Sales Process?
A sales process is a template for achieving sales objectives and replicating a desired level of performance by sales reps.
It lays out a repeatable cycle of steps a salesperson takes to turn an early stage lead into a new customer.
Each step in a sales process may consist of several separate selling activities.
Why Have a Sales Process?
Having a sales process makes you more money, according to research by Harvard Business Review. This is partly because it acts as a roadmap and guide for salespeople, to make sure they don’t miss a crucial step in handling a client, and partly because it helps everyone else understand quickly and easily how likely it is that you’re eventually going to close a deal. Managers can see where and why a sale has stalled, and they can see if a particular rep is having problems at one particular stage, and put a coaching program in place.
The 8 Stages of the Sales Cycle
The eight most important sales cycle stages are:
1. Preparation – know your product; spend time in your customer’s shoes; study your competitors
2. Prospecting – do outreach to find companies, families and individuals that match your ideal
3. Research – is your product the best fit for the prospect? Do they need what you’re selling?
4. Approach – Now you know your customer, find a way to get their attention
5. Pitch/Presentation – article the unique value of your product
6. Objection Handling – answer questions and manage their objections
7. Closing – send a proposal, get signatures, and finalize the deal
8. Follow-up – nurture customers, offer up-sells, and ask for referrals.
Read Also :
- What they won’t tell you about Real Estate
- 5 FOLLOW-UP TIPS TO EVENTUALLY CLOSE THE DEAL | TO MAKE SALE
- Why People Sabotage Their Dreams and 2022 Goals?
- HOW DO YOU KEEP WINNING BACK TO BACK IN 2022 IN YOUR LIFE AND CAREER
Preparation & Research
Hope you found this useful.
Question of the Day
Which one of this steps are you do you need master more or practice more on to be better in your sales?
Thanks for your attention and please enjoy your day.
Dr Laide Okubena
At Haxzzallian Software we can help you grow your business, visit our website for more info visit http://websolution.heweb.org